Friday, July 27, 2012

miracles

You wouldn't think that God would come and perform some pretty legit miracle on my second day here but surprise! He did! Elina's family has been suffering for a while, beyond poverty even. There's another water crisis. The well next to her house is dry and chained up. The landlord said to get out of the house by month's end, giving them just a few days until their homeless. All houses are extremely expensive due to demand in Ng'ombe and outside control. Elina's school sweater business has been suffering. Regardless, she continues to give and bless people with her faith, like surprising Mark and me with a huge nshima, beans and greens lunch! Today I was at Elina's all day. We chatted about CiH, did some costing at the market and looked for houses. By the end, we felt defeated. Helpless. How do you make a house appear out of nowhere? My personality is to fix it. But in that moment the Spirit said to be still, to tell Him what we want. So walking through Ng'ombe I had the joy of praying beside Elina for divine provision of housing. The amen finished and I didn't think much else of it. Fast forward to the FIRST official meeting with CiH women who we all adore. Pastor Brian attended in hopes of getting involved more and provided great insight and encouragement. He knew of the CiH meeting last year and started our greeting with "The Lord has been faithful to His promises." Hello. This is incredible. Hebrews 10:23 is my fav ever, but the magnitude and weight hit me in that moment he said it. God, the creator of the universe, made CiH! And He's promises it to His people as a means of survival and hope, and He's brought it to existence today. Soak that in for a hot second. Okay back to Elina and the miracle. With one short conversation with an organization in the States, Elina's rent is paid for at a huge house. In full. Done. We prayed that God would provide abundantly today but sometimes I don't think I believe it. Journalig just now, I realized how amazingly miraculous this is. God provided something out of nothing in the middle of nowhere for a woman He loves SO much! Elina will not be homeless. She will have and have abundantly with running water, electricity, bathrooms and a gate. Praise Jesus. I wish you all could be here to soak in the miracle but I promise you He's doing them everywhere, not just here.

1 comment: