Monday, July 30, 2012
winter
It's winter here. A good ole South Carolina style winter. Minus heaters and an abundance of cocoa and coffee. But it's beautiful. I wake up every morning bundled up in layers under a stack of blankets feeling the cool air from the open windows wisp around the room. You know that feeling when you're so warm and cozy and just don't want to put your feet on the ground quite yet? Yea that's it, and it's actually so comforting. Every morning I brace myself for the bucket bath to come and boy is that an awkward experience. I'm starting to develop an appreciation for contortionists. Anywho, winter. Who knew in the middle of July, a warm vanilla latte would be the greatest little treasure, and that my Patagonia would never leave my side. Daytime warms up a bit but just as soon as that sun comes down, time to bundle up again. It'll be summer here soon enough and from what I've heard, it'll warm up in no time! Time to embrace and enjoy the crisp air, hot Rooibos tea, and coziness of winter. Enjoy your summertime full of ice cold lemonade, bathing suits, and lake days. There's beauty in every season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment