Dear friends!
It seems like I'm posting a ton, but it's only like a few minutes here and there that I can knock out some emails and keep everyone updated. So of course I'm down to the wire with internet again. Only 5 minutes remaining so here goes!
There is so so so much goodness going on here. Humbling. Inspiring. Encouraging.
God's met me right where I'm at, incapable and a little bit overwhelmed, to show me that He's got every last detail worked out. This isn't a fantasy I've created in my head, but it's His plan, His calling that I've gotten to say "YES" to.
Here are just a few prayer requests for the next couple of days:
1. Our training program is underway! We'd love to see community strengthened between the women through work. Not just sessions and education but relationships and encouragement.
2. We're going downtown to begin the filing process to see CiH as an official Zambian NGO (this is HUGE!). This would mean anyone (including YOU) could come to Zambia under CiH to volunteer and further the cause of hope and empowerment in this place. It would open up 5 million doors for this organization and cause.
3. We just got a call from IJM here who wants to meet at 11:30am on Friday to discuss possible partnerships with their aftercare program for widows. Again, HUGE.
4. We have put ourselves in a ton of strange eating situations, all humbling as we're served by the seemingly most poor, but really most rich in faith. We still are in perfect health, sleeping great, so if you could continue to pray over this, we would so appreciate it.
5. Mark has just one week left. We're trying to create a plan for the long-term in his absence, but I would also love for him to experience the best of this culture with his time left.
Thank you thank you thank you for praying for CiH, the women, Ng'ombe and for us. You are just as much a part of this as I am, and I hope you can get just as excited to hear that God is HERE and He's also so excited about all of this!
Blessings,
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment