It's been over 2 months since I've seen these precious people, my Zambian family, but every time I look at this picture on my bedside table it feels like just yesterday. As I continue to live my life here in Columbia, filled with spontaneous hiking trips, road trips just to find a Cookout, movie nights with best friends, home cooked dinners with new friends, my new family lives life in Ng'ombe with the same food everyday facing the same struggles of financial uncertainty and illness. I'm so grateful that the joy of Christ connects us but I can't help but be reminded of the distance between us and the hardships they face on a daily basis. Will you pray for them with me? Will you ask God to provide and protect them, to bring them closer to His love?
Sunday, September 4, 2011
missing
It's been over 2 months since I've seen these precious people, my Zambian family, but every time I look at this picture on my bedside table it feels like just yesterday. As I continue to live my life here in Columbia, filled with spontaneous hiking trips, road trips just to find a Cookout, movie nights with best friends, home cooked dinners with new friends, my new family lives life in Ng'ombe with the same food everyday facing the same struggles of financial uncertainty and illness. I'm so grateful that the joy of Christ connects us but I can't help but be reminded of the distance between us and the hardships they face on a daily basis. Will you pray for them with me? Will you ask God to provide and protect them, to bring them closer to His love?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment