Friday, January 18, 2013

immeasurably


Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20

[Immeasurably: without bounds; vast; limitless]

I’m heading back to Zambia in just 3 days and I honestly can’t believe my time at home has ended this quickly. It’s been a challenging season, filled with more work than rest, more anxiety than peace. Rather than just a catch-up time and holiday with great friends and family, I’ve had to juggle a transition phase for our organization in staffing and head up the fundraising of $20,000 for our Chikondi Community Center, plus everyday operation expenses. I don’t know exactly why this season has been particularly difficult. Perhaps it was full of difficult things, but most of all I think I have made it more difficult. Sounds crazy, right?

Doubt. Anxiety/Stress/Worry (whichever term you prefer). Busyness.

All of these things make God out to be less than He is.

He’s not just better. He is the best. He is the God of immeasurably more.

Though it’s been a difficult season, I’m thankful. I’m thankful because God has continually smashed my comforts and my control to show me that He is immeasurably more, He gives immeasurably more, and He wants immeasurably more for my life than I can even dream of.

Perhaps this is in the practical, the $20,000+ that came in through an Indiegogo campaign that blew me away. The days I didn’t tweet excessively or post amateur Photoshop graphics are the days where the donations would pour in. God doesn’t need me. He chooses me to join Him in His journey. And that is absolutely beautiful.  When I doubted, He provided the immeasurable more in His way for His glory.

But perhaps it’s also in the big picture, the tough times too, the times when we can’t quite pinpoint the “why.” God doesn’t think like we do. He sees the entire picture and promises that He will always work for our good. It may not always feel good or look good, or we may choose sin over Him, but He will always work for our good because that’s who He is.  Closing yet another chapter with goodbyes that don’t get any easier, I cling to this truth: Our God is limitless. Vast. Without bounds. He’s the God of immeasurably more.

This life isn’t even about me. It’s for the immeasurably more in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment