it is I...
It pierced through my heart and I was overcome with such peace. After so many prayers prayed, so many difficulties faced with Clothed in Hope stuff, with senior year issues, even with just the day-to-day happenings, I somehow think I can solve things. And I somehow think that my heart can worship the Lord in doing so.
But when He says "it is I," it all changes. He lets me try to see that I will fail because He's waiting for just the right moment to step in and reveal His power, His glory, His sovereignty to fill me with awe and wonder and love. Lately things haven't happened in my timing (go figure, right?!) or even close to what I had planned. But it's just God waiting to whisper or shout to me "it is I".
It is I who provides resources.
It is I who encourages you when you're feeling defeated.
It is I who understands when it's hard to even communicate how you're feeling.
It is I who pursues you every moment of every day.
It is I who has everything worked out.
It is I who give you friendships to encourage you, to challenge you and to show you how much you're loved.
It is I who desires to bless you, to bring you joy through what has already been done for you.
It is I who loves you and knows you completely.
It is I who brings people into your life to show you more of Myself.
It is I who waits for you to give up to show you that it's done.
I'm thankful for a God who doesn't say "you must do" but instead speaks to my soul, "it is I." And I'm learning to appreciate the rest that He offers in waiting through this time. I'm so glad this whole life thing isn't up to me to do. It's in the hands of a mighty, loving, sovereign Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment