Wednesday, November 2, 2011

hard

It's hard. It's extremely hard to receive news that Ng'ombe is out of water, that the people I think about and pray for daily are thirsty. The situation is life-threatening. It's not just a power outage or a flat tire. It's a water outage. The substance that provides and sustains life. My heart shatters when I think about the little ones so thirsty, walking miles to try to find a place to fill up their water cans, skipping school to do so. My heart aches for the women who are facing the reality of the situation, trying to keep hope alive in their families. Maybe this doesn't really resonate with many people. But try thinking of this being your family. Because it's mine. And it's God's.

I just received this text from my dear friend, Elina, this morning: "Ng'ombe is out of water and to make matters worse, the borehole is not working today. they need to repair it. i don't know when."

The desperation, the pain, the helplessness. I'm not there and I haven't lived through it so I can't pretend to know how it feels. But God has given me a compassionate heart for these people. When they hurt, I hurt. But most importantly- when they hurt, He hurts.

In a situation like this, all I can do is pray. There is no solution except for God.

Will you take a moment to just pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment