Don't mind if I do get a little sappy sap up in this post. Today is the first Gamecocks game of the season, away at Vandy, and even 6,000 miles away there's excitement running through my veins. Football season. American football season, I should say. There's nothing quite like it. Tailgates, friends, music, food, memories, laughs & cheers. Community. Good stuff. There's gameday anticipation even over here in Zambia, as I (obsessively) had to wear some garnet & black to support my guys even though they'll have no idea. I think that diploma was just the start to making me one proud Gamecock.
Here's a little throwback photo from when I first fell in love with Gamecock football: the first game of my freshman year. Feels like ages ago, yet it must've been a real good day if I made this best friend on this certain day too. Morgan, thanks for that bonding over the burrito and for standing with me in a crazy student section when we were the only one who managed to have tickets out of all of our friends. Good thing huh?
So for two of the great things in my life, best friends & Gamecock football, I am oh so thankful today.

No comments:
Post a Comment